Lecture: Tuesday 12:00-1:20 PM, Thursday 12:00-1:20 PM, Main Campus Room A129.
- Instructor: Ihor Stasyuk
- Office: Room H351-B
- Phone: 705 474 3450 ext. 4442
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office hours: Tuesday 2:30-4:00 PM, Thursday 2:30-4:00 PM or by appointment.
Textbook: "An Introduction to Analysis " |
by William Wade, 4th edition, 2010.
- Topics: The course will be based on Chapters 8, 9 and 10 of the textbook.
- Chapter 8, Euclidean Spaces ( Algebraic structure, Topology of R^n, Interior, Clo-
sure and Boundary).
- Chapter 9, Convergence in R^n (Limits of Sequences, Heine-Borel Theorem, Limits
of Functions, Continuous Functions, Compact Sets).
- Chapter 10, Metric Spaces (Limits of Functions, Interior, Closure and Boundary,
Compact Sets, Connected Sets, Continuous Functions, Stone-Weierstrass Theorem).
Examinations: There will be a nal exam in April and one midterm exam at the end
of February or beginning of March (the date to be announced in class). The midterm and
the nal exams will be closed book.
Assignments: There will be several marked home assignments devoted to solving prob-
lems similar to those considered in class. No late assignments will be accepted.
Distribution of marks: